Inspired by Naval Ravikant on the Tim Ferriss podcast
What you eat, and how you eat it, is as important as the sadhana that you do.
Staples when I felt alert and physically stable.
- Kitchari mono diet removed menstrual cramps for months, but low dopamine reward food
- Processed foods, alliums, gums and careegenan correlated with bodily discomfort and mental dullness/irritation.
- Variety creates dopamine reward. Rotate staples, add surprises.
- Low carb and low sugar or intermittent fasting correlated to less mental/physical fluctuation/imbalance
- Dietary tonics for dietary adaptation: Triphala, soupy foods, select herbal teas and possibly “superfoods” like spirulina
How do you feel mentally and physically after your meals? How is your food affecting you?